12/11/2008

Sorry for Custom Google Friend Connect Gadget

One of my friends tell me that there is a problem while using IE to read the gadgets, cause I am using Mac to develop, so I didn't notice that.

"OpenSocial 客製小工具 Custom Gadget" said that it is a common problem for all custom gadget for google friend connect, and this is an known issue, so please don't use these custom gadgets or you really deny users using IE (like me).

I will try to fix this problem but I don't know how to fix it, but you can using fixing "Security Restricted Sites" like "Fix: IE7 with Sitemeter: Operation aborted", but this is not a really good ideal.

There are two ways to escape this problem, one is denying all visitor using IE, like:
var b =navigator.appName;
if (b == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") exit;
but it is still not a good way, another one is try to fix the problem, cause it is caused by "innerHTML or appendChild", not by XSS as I guess, ...

Thanks for Mr Stack(?) from keusta.net encourage me a lot, and hope I can write "How-To", I think this is a good ideal, but as a matter of fact, I am not a good author to writing instruction, but I will try my best.

I hope I can deal this problem tonight, otherwise, it will fixed in next week, cause my schedule is full by my family.

Oh, there is another issue about link, all of the link is not available, cause the Google Friend Connect does not provide this data, I think it will be available later or I will try to find other data to replace.

PS. After 3 hours, I add a escape condition while user use IE 6 or IE 7, you can add
var browser=navigator.appName;
var b_version=navigator.appVersion;
var version=parseFloat(b_version);
if (browser != "Microsoft Internet Explorer" || version > 7) {
before "var skin = {};" and place a "}" after "skin);", and it will preven IE 6 or IE 7 user goes to die...

No comments:

Post a Comment